Saturday, June 10, 2017
Back From the Depths
The Big Sky Blog has been brought back from the dead, after a few years of silence! We will continue sharing stories and our thoughts about the summer season on the Kenai River. So, here are a few updates:
- Camp is up and running. Some of our first guests are here and already catching fish.
- We just finished construction of a 1,000 sq ft. addition to the lodge.
- Fishing for kings has been productive in both the river and ocean.
- Halibut fishing has been good as well.
- We are welcoming new staff members, Kashana and Patrick, along with many returners. This year we will have more support than ever.
As the season begins to pick up, excitement is building around camp and among our crew. With each day, as the water continues to rise to its normal summer levels, we anxiously wait the arrival of the yearly return of Kenai salmon. So far, the runs have been strong and regulations are such that we can fish for everything. The weather on the Kenai Peninsula has been cloudy and gray but we are expecting the forecast to clear. With things off to a good start, it is only a matter of time before camp is running on all cylinders. It is our goal to share this place we love, the mighty Kenai River.
We still have some openings throughout the summer so give us a call and we will be happy to accommodate your needs.